The Narrows is a neighborhood in Gotham City located on an island in the middle of the Gotham River. Within a week of the Wayne murders, the Gotham Chronicle reported an "alarming rise in criminal activity". A rise in poverty rates has been associated with the increased violence in The Narrows.
The Narrows are known as an extremely poor and dangerous neighborhood, similar to a slum. Plagued by violence and crime, the district serves as a denizen for some of Gotham's most vicious criminals. Various gangs and mobsters have claimed dominion over the Narrows, but wars for supremacy are not uncommon.
In the Series
In order to help out Theo Galavan, Oswald Cobblepot had Butch Gilzean and Selina Kyle enlist the Pike family to rob a building owned by Wayne Enterprises. It was said that the Pike Brothers were the "Firebugs of the Narrows" and were associated with Fish Mooney.
In order to raise money for an operation on his brain, Edward Nygma took Butch Gilzean (who has been transformed into Solomon Grundy) to a fight club owned by Cherry in order to sign him up for the fights. In addition, Leslie Thompkins was working at Cherry's as their doctor.
To be added.
On the day Gotham City became a no man's land, Jim Gordon was captured by Edward Nygma, who took him to the Narrows headquarters and tried to kill him in an effort to free Lee Thompkins from her feelings. However, Lee showed up and managed to convince Nygma that she no longer has feelings for Jim, and Gordon is released after Lee promises to leave Gotham with Nygma. With the city in chaos later that day, Lee decided to remain in the city to help the people of The Narrows, breaking up with Nygma in the process. Their meeting turns violent, and they stab each other to death. At some point during the night, Penguin's henchmen found the bodies of Ed and Lee in the Narrows and took them to the Falcone Mansion so that Hugo Strange could revive them.
- † Cherry
- † Solomon Grundy
- † Leslie Thompkins
- Edward Nygma
- Pike family
- Alfred Pennyworth (formerly)
- Krank Family
- † Tiffany Gale
- Gil Rooney (formerly)
- The Narrows was introduced in the 2005 Christopher Nolan film Batman Begins as an island in the middle of Gotham River situated between Midtown and Downtown Gotham, which had a decaying and downtrodden neighborhood and had Arkham Asylum there. It "was lost" in the first film and converted into Arkham Asylum grounds in "Batman: Gotham Knight." Following this, it was carried over into the comics and other media projects.
- ↑ "Gotham Chronicle, Violence Spreads In The Narrows"
- ↑ Harper, Jordan (writer) & Eagles, Bill (director) (October 19, 2015). "Rise of the Villains: Scarification". Gotham. Season 2. Episode 5. FOX.
- ↑ Chun, Tze (writer) & White, Scott (director) (October 19, 2017) "A Dark Knight: The Blade's Path". Gotham. Season 4. Episode 5. FOX.
- ↑ Stephens, John & Boston, Seth (writer) & Hope, Nathan (director) (May 17, 2018) "A Dark Knight: No Man's Land" Gotham. Season 4. Episode 22.