- "How many times have I told you not to bring a whip to a gunfight?"
- —Barbara Kean to Tabitha Galavan[src]
The whip is the signature weapon of Selina Kyle which she uses on many of her enemies. It was originally a weapon of Tabitha Galavan, who later bestowed it to Selina after taking the young girl under her wing.
When Richard Sionis refuses Theo Galavan's offer to join The Maniax after being broken out of Arkham Asylum with other inmates. Tabitha attacks Sionis with the whip. He chokes and is pulled to the ground, she then stabs him to death.
When Alfred Pennyworth attempted to locate Bruce Wayne (who had been kidnapped by Theo and the Order of St. Dumas) he came into confrontation with Tabitha at Theo's headquarters. When Alfred turned to leave, Tabitha attempted to attack him with the whip, but Alfred's quick reflexes allowed him to grab the whip, much to Tabitha's shock. This led to a fight between them, and Alfred fled the scene.
When Theo Galavan came back to life due to Doctor Strange's experiments, he takes on the mantle of Azrael and stabs Tabitha in the stomach, nearly killing her, for her betrayal. He takes her whip to Wayne Manor in an attempt to kill Bruce Wayne. This attack was soon interrupted by Oswald Cobblepot and Butch Gilzean who blew him to bits with a rocket launcher, the whip is seen lying on the floor. Whether Tabitha retrieved the whip from the Manor or simply got a new one is uncertain.
Tabitha becomes partners in crime with Barbara Kean when they open The Sirens nightclub together. Barbara would constantly insist Tabitha on not bringing her whip to a gunfight. But, this statement would soon be ironic as she murders Barbera with the whip. This happens because Barbara double crosses and kills Butch, who Tabitha was in love with.
When Barbara points the gun at Tabitha and says "How many times have I told you not to bring a whip to a gunfight?", she uses her whip to latch onto an electrical wire which she pulled into the puddle Barbara was standing in, electrocuting her.
When Selina Kyle approaches Tabitha at the Sirens nightclub, she expresses her wish to move up in the world. She then spots the whip, to which Tabitha tells her to "give it a whirl", Selina shows promise and surprisingly effective in using it as it was only her first time. She even surprises Tabitha, who then takes her under her wing.
- "Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do..."
- "Rise of the Villains: Knock, Knock"
- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh"
- "Rise of the Villains: By Fire"
- "Rise of the Villains: Mommy's Little Monster"
- "Rise of the Villains: Worse Than A Crime"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Transference"
- The whip is a signature weapon used by Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman in the comics.
- The whip is the signature weapon used by Catwoman (playable via DLC) in the videogame Batman: Arkham City.