- "V8, five-liter, 460 horsepower engine. Painted matte black, anti-reflective, very difficult to see at night. Oh, and of course this... one hundred percent bulletproof. Best be prepared, eh?"
- —Alfred Pennyworth to Bruce Wayne[src]
The Mustang has been painted matte black and anti-reflective which makes it difficult to see at night. The car is also bulletproof as well. After getting the Kurdish dagger back with Selina's help, Barbara took off with the mustang after shooting one of the tires of Alfred's Rolls-Royce in an attempt to escape Bruce and Alfred's pursuit. The car was never to be seen again.
The Mustang used on the show is actually the 2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback with a V8 5.0L 460 horsepower engine, 20-inch x 9-inch Premium-Painted Aluminum Wheels, all digital LCD cluster and Active Valve Performance Exhaust.
- The car can be seen as the show's version of a proto-Batmobile. It was also referred to as "Bat mobile" by the official Gotham Twitter account.
- In realilty, the Mustang is notably produced by Ford, the same company that produced the Lincoln Futura Batmobile used in Adam West's 1960's Batman series.
- Although assumed to be newly bought, the mustang can be seen to have had 7815.9 miliage already on the dash board in the scene when Bruce change the exhaust mode.
- Cannon, Danny (writer) & Copus, Nick (director) (April 12, 2018) "A Dark Knight: That's Entertainment" Gotham. Season 4. Episode 18.
- Blake, Peter & Sosa, Iturri (writer) & White, Scott (director) (April 19, 2018) "A Dark Knight: To Our Deaths and Beyond" Gotham. Season 4. Episode 19.