|01 "Year Zero"||07 "Ace Chemicals"|
|02 "Trespassers"||08 "Nothing's Shocking"|
|03 "Penguin, Our Hero"||09 "The Trial of Jim Gordon"|
|04 "Ruin"||10 "I Am Bane"|
|05 "Pena Dura"||11 "They Did What?"|
|06 "13 Stitches"||12 "The Beginning..."|
- "You're going to be reborn. And then you'll be the bane of the unjust. The bane of the corrupt. The bane of anyone who opposes us."
- —Nyssa al Ghul to Eduardo Dorrance[src]
On the precipice of Gotham’s reunification, Gordon and Bruce find themselves face-to-face with a newly transformed Eduardo, and discover the real mastermind behind the city’s current chaos. Meanwhile, a pregnant Barbara turns to Lee for help.
- Eduardo Dorrance becomes the supervillain Bane, who is most infamous for having broken Batman and taken over the criminal underworld in Batman: Knightfall. He currently serves as the main antagonist in Tom King's run on Batman.
- The episode shares its name with the comic book storyline Batman: I Am Bane.
- Final appearance of BD Wong as Hugo Strange.
- Jim Gordon and Barbara Kean's daughter makes her debut in this episode. In the comics she goes onto becoming Batgirl, and later Oracle.
- Theresa Walker is revealed to be Nyssa al Ghul.
- The end credits do not display any actor credits at all, recurring or otherwise. This is perhaps the only episode to opt for such an angle.
- Nyssa al Ghul's revenge scheme as well as her relationship with Bane is similar to Talia al Ghul from the 2012 movie The Dark Knight Rises.
- The attack on Gotham is called Protocol 386. This seems to be a homage to the game Arkham City which featured a contingency plan named Protocol 10 designed to wipe out the criminal element from Gotham City. In similar fashion, Protocol 386 seems to act in a very similar destructive manner.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.