After Eduardo adopted mantle of "Bane", they managed to wreak havoc in Gotham and manipulate the military into helping them complete Nyssa's mission: to get revenge for Ra's al Ghul and destroy Gotham. However, Bane and the Delta Force were ultimately defeated after the military turned on them, causing Nyssa al Ghul to retreat and leave Gotham.
Delta Force is a covert black ops unit in the US military. A Delta unit was deployed to Gotham City after it was cut off and became a No Man’s Land, the rogue former secretary of Homeland Security Theresa Walker (born Nyssa al Ghul) sent her subordinate Eduardo Dorrance as leader of the unit. Dorrance's mission from Walker is to eliminate all of the criminal element in Gotham. Alfred Pennyworth knew who the unit was when they arrived in Gotham. According to Alfred, Delta Force specializes in guerrilla warfare, political assassinations and inciting military coups.
Their true mission in Gotham however is to murder Bruce Wayne and Barbara Kean after they destroy Gotham City and everything else they care about in order to avenge Ra's al Ghul's death for Nyssa. However after 391 days into the No Man's Land event, they would fail, leaving Bane and his teammates to be arrested by the US military, with Nyssa escaping to parts unknown.
- Nyssa al Ghul (leader)
- Eduardo Dorrance / Bane (field leader)
- Angel Vallelunga (second-in-command)
- Bane has led similar paramilitary groups in the comics, most notably:
- His original force composed of Bird (whom Angel Vallelunga is based on), Trogg, and Zombie. They are former Peña Duro inmates that became Bane loyalists after they escaped together. This group first appeared in Batman: Vengeance of Bane (1993).
- Throughout the New 52, Bane led a new militia composed of Venom-enhanced Peña Duro inmates. They were engaged in a war against the Court of Owls and also battled Arkham Asylum inmates for control of Gotham City during the Arkham War. This group was introduced in Detective Comics #900 (2013).